On Starhunter: Redux we continue the work of re-editing, rescoring, upgrading, CGI effects and back-shooting. We are finally able to show the full uncensored adventures of Dante and Percy Montana and their interplanetary family of bounty hunters.
Season One performed successfully in all its pre-sold markets, reaching strong audience numbers (always in the top 25%). In US TV syndication the show obtained a stunning 94.3% national coverage and the viewer demo skewed female, rare for sci-fi and a delight for advertisers. The good numbers also translated into European viewership. Critics from Europe were lavish in their praise. US, Canadian, German and French broadcasters pre-ordered the second – and, extraordinarily for an independent TV series – the third, season pre-orders of the continuing series. This led to the production of 22 more episodes, totalling 44.
For the first time:
- The first 44 episodes, uncensored.
- In original 16×9 HDTV widescreen.
- The stories as they were meant to be told.
- Previously unseen footage.
- New special effects.
In transmedia, including:
- Publication and world-wide release of four Starhunter graphic novels by David Tischman.
- On-line Starhunter AR environments.
- Mobile Starhunter video games.
- Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game set in the Starhunter universe.
- Collectibles, Cosplay Items, and other merchandising.
- 2017 USA launch with Lionsgate Entertainment’s new Comic-ConHQ streaming pay platform.
Historically, these 44 Starhunter episodes reflect:
- A proven international audience.
- Critical and sales success in key markets 2000-2004.